faculty at unc-ch
Laboratoire Jean Kuntzmann
Universite Joseph Fourier
38041 Grenoble CEDEX 9
Tel:(33) (0) 476514306
Fax:(33) (0) 476631263
Emeritus Professor, University
- Maîtrise de Mathématiques
et Applications Fondamentales, University of Grenoble I, 1972
- Diplôme d'Etudes Approfondies de
Mathématiques Appliquées (Option Statistics), University
of Grenoble I, 1973
- Doctorat de 3ème Cycle (Ph. D),
Applied Mathematics, University of Grenoble I, 1975
- Doctorat d'Etat es Sciences Mathématiques,
University of Grenoble I, 1983
- Membership and Honours
- Member of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics.
Member of the American Statistical Association.
Elected Member, International Statistical Institute.
Honorary Member of the French Statistical Society.
Member of the French Mathematical Society.
Fellow of the American Statistical Association.
Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics.
- Recipient of the 2010 French Statistical Society award Pierre Simon de Laplace.
- 2012 Laplace Lecturer in the 8th World Congress in Probabilty and Statistics.
- Editorial Duties
- 1993 - . : Associate Editor of the Revue de l'ISUP
- 1998 - 2007: Associate Editor of the Journal of the French Statistical Society
- 2000 - 2004: Chief Co-Editor of ESAIM: Probabilty and Statistics
- 2005 - 2008: Associate Editor of ESAIM: Probabilty and Statistics
- 2001 - 2005: Associate Editor of Wiley's Encyclopedia of Statistical Sciences
- 2002 - 2012 : Associate Editor of Statistics and Computing
- 2006 - . : Associate Editor of the Journal of Statistical Software
- 2007 - 2010: Associate Editor of Electronic Journal of Statistics
- 2008 - 2010: Associate Editor of the Annals of Statistics
- Collective Research Responsibilities
- Member of the selection committee for the SFDS Lucien Le Cam Conferences.
Promoter (French side) of a research network (PAI) between Belgian, French and German Universities.
Promoter (French side) of a research network (Zenon - Egide) between University of Grenoble and University of Cyprus.
Promoter (Grenoble) of a research network on Sensitivity Analysis and Computer Code Output (GDR: MASCOT) between French Industries and Universities.
Promoter (Grenoble) of a research network (GDR: Stats et Sante) between French Schools and Universities.
- Research Interests
Revised September, 1, 2012
- Theoretical aspects
- - Abstract inference for stochastic processes
- - Nonlinear regression
- - Nonparametric curve estimation
- - Survival analysis and point processes
- - Wavelets and their applications
- Applied aspects
- - Modeling in meteorology and climatology
- - Statistical methods in crystallography
- - Statistical methods in quality control
- - Mixture identification for petrol products
- - Inverse problems
- - Statistical methods for air-pollution studies.
- - Statistical methods for microarray data.
- - Sensitivity Analysis.